More and more women who suffer from acne are being diagnosed with the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) where breakouts can be accompanied by one or more of the following:
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Weight gain or difficulty slimming down
- Increased hair fall
- Darkening of the underarms or nape
- Hirsutism (hair growth in unusual places like the upper lip, chin, nipples, or tummy)
- Skin tags on the nape or underarms
- Difficulty conceiving a child.
To address hormonal acne, lifestyle modification is key! We provide lifestyle interventions that aim to correct several behavioral and environmental factors such as diet, sleep, and stress, among others.
It usually takes a while though for the skin to normalize even with a strict lifestyle programme (We are talking about several months here!). In order to alleviate your existing disheartening blemishes faster, let us combine the lifestyle plan with our medical aesthetic procedures.
Schedule an appointment with our doctor for a more holistic acne treatment programme.